Our special policy
OBTAIN A QUOTE & BOOK
Doesn't require you to disclose HIV as a pre-existing medical condition (regardless of CD4 count/viral load level) and never discloses your HIV status on your documents
Different policies available
OBTAIN A QUOTE & BOOK
Either just for one trip or any number within an annual policy
Optional extras available
OBTAIN A QUOTE & BOOK
For winter sports, activities and to remove the excess if you make a claim
Not a UK resdient?
OBTAIN A QUOTE & BOOK
We can provide a policy covering you from almost any country to almost any country
Pioneering travel insurance for people with HIV+ for over 11 years!
TWO NEW BENEFITS now available: receive alerts about situations that could affect your travel with 360 Assistance. Delayed at an aiport for longer than 2 hours? Gain access to the Executive Lounge with Stranded Passenger. Click here for more details
Hello – my name is Kevin Waite and It’s So Easy Travel Insurance is my company. I have worked in the HIV sector for over 30 years. I was a volunteer at London Lighthouse (which became Europe’s largest HIV/AIDS centre) and then worked there full time, establishing its Welfare Service. I developed this HIV travel insurance policy using my knowledge and experience. It’s unique. Not only is HIV is covered by default but unlike other travel insurance providers, we don't require you to disclose your HIV as a pre-existing medical condition, regardless of your CD4 count or viral load level - in fact, we don't even ask about these! Other insurers ask you these questions or require you to declare HIV if you don't meet their criteria. To our knowledge, we're the only insurer that never discloses your HIV on your insurance documents. Other insurers, who require you to declare your HIV, will then disclose it on the documents they issue to you. Clinics, hospitals and charities from all over the UK refer their clients to me, many of whom have been with me for years.
Our HIV travel insurance
- Unlike other travel insurance policies, we don't ask you to declare your HIV as a medical condition, regardless of your CD4 count or viral load level. We don't even ask about these.
- Unlike other travel insurance policies,
we won’t identify you as being HIV+ on your policy documents.
- The policy is specially designed, using years of experience working the HIV sector – a bespoke policy for you.
- We can include cover for many other pre-existing medical conditions - simply contact the medical screening service and let us know what they are.
- Choose to be covered for only one trip (up to 365 days) or any number of trips (up to 31, 45 or 60 days each) under an annual policy
- Both types of policy offer two levels of cover (see the full policy wording for the differences)
- If your medication is lost or stolen, we’ll pay for replacements to be couriered to you or costs involved in seeing a doctor to have more prescribed. We think these kinds of things are important
- Optional extras are available: for Winter Sports or other acitivities and to remove the Excess (so the insurance pays the full amount of a valid claim)
- Your documents will be available in your own client area, where you will be able to view/download them at any time. You can also upgrade and buy future policies from the client area
- It’s So Easy Travel Insurance is not owned by any other insurance company. Your confidential information is not going to be sold to other companies for marketing purposes or divulged to other insurers, potentially damaging your prospects of obtaining other types of insurance
- Many hospitals, clinics and other HIV charities refer people to us.
- Easy online quotation and booking - just click the button at the top of the page. Booking online keeps down our costs and therefore premiums
Ensure you have adequate protection!
It’s vital to have HIV inclusive travel insurance, so that claims – whether HIV related or not - will be met. Otherwise, you’re exposing yourself to potential serious financial risk.
Even if your HIV is well controlled and you are healthy, something can still happen - just read the testimonial at the bottom of this page.
If you take out ‘ordinary’ travel insurance and make a medical expenses claim, the insurer will, as matter of course, check if you have any pre-existing medical condition. This is when your HIV status would come to light.
If you hadn’t declared your HIV status to the insurers, they could void the entire policy or refuse to meet your claim. Even if your illness was not HIV-related, they could decide that, in their view, it might be and refuse to pay out.
Medical expenses can run into thousands of pounds – especially in the USA but now in Europe, too. If you need to be repatriated, the cost can be many thousands of pounds!
Read why having a European Health Insurance Card is insufficient protection.
Anyone travelling with you needs this insurance too -
even if they're not HIV+.
If your travelling companion(s) take out ‘ordinary’ travel insurance, it probably won’t cover them if they want to make a claim because you’re ill - for example, for cancellation or to remain with you if you need to be in hospital.
It’s usually the case that insurers won’t cover someone if the person they’re travelling with has a medical condition, unless everyone is covered under the same policy.
It's therefore highly adiseable that your travelling companion(s) are also insured by us.
I am a hugely satisfied customer of It’s So Easy Travel Insurance and related medical assistance group Specialty Assist. I am generally healthy, having lived with HIV on medication for a decade.
Until my recent holiday to Florida, I had never spent a single night in hospital. When I took out annual travel cover for my boyfriend and me in March 2014, I never imagined that I’d be rushed into an American ER room three weeks later. A small stye on my right eye had developed into an antibiotic-resistant cellulitis. I was told it was serious and required immediate IV antibiotics, which would mean being admitted to hospital.
From the word go, I was treated [by the 24 hour assistance service] with compassion, care and respect. I was given a simple-to-remember individual case number. I was told clearly what information/action was needed from me and what, in turn, they would endeavour to do for me. Within 48 hours of being admitted, Specialty Assist confirmed I was covered for my mounting medical expenses and every agent I spoke with treated me as an individual and helped ease my concerns about the bills. Specialty Assist dealt directly with the hospital after admission, freeing me to concentrate on my recovery, and recouping the relatively small amount of pre-admission charges I’d accrued from attending a walk-in clinic and pharmacies in the week before I was admitted.
After returning to the UK I submitted this claim, which was handled swiftly and without question. In summary, I am very grateful for all your help and so pleased that I took out a policy with It’s So Easy. Thanks very much for being there when I needed you! I have already recommended your business to friends and colleagues. Well done.